Activities in Puerto Viejo and surrounding areas
Puerto Viejo is not only beach
- Visits to National Parks and Natural Reserves (Gandoca-Manzanillo , Cahuita, Hitoy-Cerere).
- Dolphin watching tours with a visit to the Gandoca Lagoon and environs.
- Tours to Indigenous Reserves.
- Finca La Isla Botanical Garden.
- Jaguar Rescue Center and Serpentarium for the protection,
recuperation and conservation of local wildlife.
- Sloth Sanctuary, a refuge and recuperation center for sloths.
- Rafting or kayaking.
- Skindiving (PADI) and snorkeling in our marvelous coral reefs.
- Surfing and surf lessons at different levels.
The wave at Salsa Brava is internationally known for its difficulty.
- Canopy Tour, considered one of the most beautiful in Costa Rica.
- Talamanca is located within a very important migratory route for predatory birds between North and South America (February – April and September – November). Keköldi Observation Tower and other locations.
- For mountain biking enthusiasts, there are unforgettable tours through the mountains, where you can experience the beauty and diversity of local plants and wildlife.
- Chocolate tours: Cacao Trails in Punta Riel, The Chocolate Forest in Cocles, Chocorart in Playa Chiquita, or Acomuita in Shiroles.Thank you for coming to Puerto Viejo!
Thank you for coming to Puerto Viejo!
We wish you a happy and relaxing vacation.